The Savannah Area Chamber of Commerce, in partnership with the Savannah Morning News, honored eight local businesses or organizations at the 2016 Business Expo and Awards Banquet on Thursday at the Hilton Savannah DeSoto.
These awards annually recognize individuals and companies that represent local economic drivers including hospitality, industry and small business.
“It’s exciting to have so many community businesses so deserving of recognition. Tonight we have had the opportunity to honor large and small businesses, entrepreneurs, international companies and advocates, all of which are the backbone of employment in our region,” said Bill Hubbard, Savannah Area Chamber president and CEO. “We have a lot to be proud of in Chatham County, Savannah and the coastal area, and tonight’s recognition is a shining example.”
This year’s winners
• Entrepreneur of the Year — Nine Line Apparel
• Environmental Excellence Award — BASF
• Gulfstream Community Involvement Award — 200 Club of the Coastal Empire
• Helen V. Head Small Business Advocate Award — Charles Bowen, The Bowen Law Group
• Hospitality Business of the Year Award — JetBlue
• Manufacturer’s Safety Awards — Brasseier USA
• Small Business of the Year — Creative Approach
• World Trade Center Savannah International Business of the Year — Savannah Bee Co.