Savannah’s Tourism Leadership Council, a local trade organization, presented its 19th annual Tourism Awards on Thursday evening. The black-tie gala honored those who represent the best of Savannah’s leisure and hospitality industry as well as those in the community who support it.
Local leaders presented the awards during the gala, which took place at the Savannah International Trade and Convention Center. Several scholarships for students in the leisure and hospitality field were also presented.
The following individuals received awards:
• The Lifetime Achievement Award went to Marcie Hill, City Market
• The Service Star Award went to Karl Bostick, Hilton Savannah DeSoto
• The Service Leader Award went to Diego Ortiz, North Point Hospitality
• The Heart of Tourism Award went to Teresa Jacobson, Azalea Inn &Villas
• The Surprise! It’s Tourism Award went to Alex Chamberlain, Service Brewing
• The Renaissance of Tourism Award went to Nuala O’Kane, Daniel Reed Hospitality
• The Energy Behind Tourism Award went to Maurice Orr, The Brice Hotel
• The “I AM TOURISM” Award, recognizing someone who embodies the spirit of tourism, was given to Tracy Boles, Fairfield Inn &Suites Savannah Airport
• The John P. Rousakis Community Champion Award, honoring Savannah’s former mayor, was presented to Joe Marinelli, Visit Savannah
• The Herb &Franklin Traub Visionary Award, honoring the late owners of The Pirates’ House, went to Bill Dickinson, Wet Willie’s
• Member of the Year Award went to Susan Catron, Savannah Morning News
• Board of Directors Award was given to Lt. Tammy Shoop, Sgt. Mark Lupus, Cpl. Janessa Stalter and Advanced Patrol Officer Joshua Holz
• Student scholarships were presented to Angela Puleo, University of South Carolina – Beaufort; Megan Driggers, Savannah Technical College; Brandi Dixon, Savannah Technical College; and C’Asia Griffin, Savannah State University
For more information on the Tourism Leadership Council, go to tourismleadershipcouncil.com.