Uber has released its 2017 St. Patrick’s Day guide for Savannah with some tips to stay safe and get to the right vehicle as well as a discount code to get $10 off a ride downtown.
City Market and River Street Festivals
Due to heavy pedestrian traffic, River Street will be closed all day and night Thursday through Saturday. Keep in mind that it will be more difficult to request a ride in the area immediately surrounding the River Street and City Market Festivals.
For a quicker pickup, walk a block or two away from the festival areas to request your ride and meet your driver.
Savannah St. Patrick’s Day Parade
Road closures along the parade route between 10am and 3pm on Friday, March 17, will make it difficult for drivers to move across Drayton Street or north of East Broughton Street.
Get a ride in a snap by staying south of East Broughton Street, west of Bull Street, or east of Abercorn Street to request your ride, and aim to get picked up on the same side of the parade as your final destination.
The area immediately surrounding the parade route is where it will be most difficult to get picked up. Pro tip: Once you’ve requested your ride, call or text your driver to coordinate your pickup by tapping ‘Contact’ in your app.
Discount Code for Savannah Passengers
Uber is teaming up with Budweiser to help you get around Savannah safely this weekend. Enter the promo code MAKEAPLAN17 in the ‘Payment’ section of your Uber app menu to get $10 off a ride to or from the St. Patrick’s Day festival area Thursday through Saturday. The promotion is limited to the first 1,000 redemptions and passengers must be 21 years or older to redeem it.
Pro Tips from Uber on St. Patrick’s Day Safety
- Know before you go: Before you request an Uber, you’ll see the total cost of your ride so there are no unwelcome fare surprises after your ride is over. Fares may go up or down based on how many people are requesting a ride, so if a price seems on the high side, wait a bit and check again to see if it’s dropped.
- Split the fare: Share an Uber with your squad and split the fare among multiple people. Our uberX product can seat up to 4 people, while uberXL can handle groups up to 6 passengers.
- Confirm your driver: There will be multiple people requesting rides after the parade and festivals, so make sure you get into the right car with the right driver. Double check your driver’s car model, license plate, and photo in the app before you hop in your ride. Uber rides can only be requested through the app, so never accept street hail solicitations from those claiming to be Uber.
- Share your trip details: Need to let your group know when you’ll arrive? Share your trip details with them from the app.
- The Golden Rule: St. Paddy’s should be a fun time for all, so please be considerate to your driver. Respect their vehicle and follow our Community Guidelines so that everyone can enjoy the spirit of the season.
- Contact Support: Leave something behind? Don’t worry, you can contact your driver directly in the app to track down a lost item. Or contact our Help Center for all other issues. For emergencies always call 911.